Saturday, January 19, 2008

Satisfaction

Drake Design
Miles & Redd

David Netto

' I have learned to seek my happiness by limiting my desires, rather than attempting to satisfy them" John Stuart Mills

I think what he is trying to say is that if you keep your desires always within reach or rather desire what you already have you will find happiness (contentment) because if you look for happiness in other things there will always be another thing and so on so happiness will not be reached... makes sense?

That said I am looking forward to a Barbecue this weekend, what we refer to here as a Braai, the sun is out and it's a beautiful Saturday. Until then I find happiness in these images that make me want to start work on a blank canvas.

5 comments:

All Things Bright and Beautiful... said...

nunu - that pink and blue number second photo is delicious!! :-) Great find

nunu pepe' said...

I know! I love it when i all comes to together subtley to create a WOW.

Topsy Turvy said...

That quote makes perfect sense, as I find that whenever I find something I covet (blouse, lamp, sofa), once I own it, it eventually (sometimes sooner rather than later) loses it's appeal and becomes part of the 'woodwork'. I've learned to REALLY think about purchases before diving in.
I do love the top 2 images you chose!

nunu pepe' said...

Hello Tospy, thank you for visting and commenting it's such a wonderful feeling to know that some one has thought about my post :)

Alkemie said...

Love the drake design!!! Fab fab pink!