Thursday, January 10, 2008

I HEART GREECE















'Shirley Valentine' is one of my favourite movies, the story of a woman finding her independence and herself. It was that movie that sparked the love affair I have with Greece still to this day.
Living in Greece for a while in 2001 was one of the best experiences of my life. With a scenery that one could only describe as Ethereal, a giant Snow Globe of the Gods. I stayed in a quiet village of Paleros in the Southern Ionian which helped me live the Greek life as opposed to the tourist traps that keep the authenticity at arms length. It was a wonderful time in my life and Greece will now and forever have a special place in my heart
Their homes are placed in such a magnificent setting that there is no need for excess. I love the simplicity.

8 comments:

Richard said...

I just love these... the simpicity and setting are magic! You are sooo lucky to have spent some time there.

nunu pepe' said...

Yes I know it seems like a life time ago I am looking for a refill :)

studio wellspring said...

shirley valnetine is a great one! and so are all of these spaces. it's definitely on my life goals list to visit greece and this has re-ignited that for sure!

Carolina Eclectic said...

You are so fortunate to have lived there. I have always dreamed of visiting Greece, and your description sounds just the way a imagined it.

Bronwyn said...

Aaah yes, if only....it hasn't stopped raining in Joburg for days. I want to be sitting at that pool soaking up the sun and the view, and sleeping on that white double bed!

nunu pepe' said...

SW - If there is ever a place to visit it would have to be Greece. There is truly a sense of of the Ethereal oh and adventure :).
CE - I know I have been very blessed in my life.
Bronwyn - I listen to 5fm so I hear about the rain there everyday. Sending sunny wishes you to :)

hildA said...

lovely film, and it captures the spirit of coastal Greece. You are so right, Greece with its isles has been blessed by the gods, it is a wonderful place to visit (out of the season). beautiful interiors you show us, thank you

Me, Myself, & I said...

What a beautiful space. I can already see myself laying by the pool and sleeping in the canopy bed....ahhhhh.....

How very fortunate to have lived in Greece. And what a wonderful place, indeed.