Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thinking Out Loud


As an artist I have been know to have a deep thought every so often but the one that keeps running circles in my mind is the concept of community vs capitalism. I believe that the two can work hand in hand. As a business owner I know that you world you but off to bring home the bacon so people are reluctant to share the bacon, opting to rather stash it away for a raining day. However this results in a "me for myself" mentality in which case you better stash your bacon because no body is going to look out for you.


Imagine a world where you grow up your goal not be the richest kid on the block but to be a contributor to the well being of those around you.


Where every company that makes a product places a higher value of social responsibilty than on profit. Where every product that is produced is produced to serve a cause. Where Capitalism feeds the world and not the few.

(She steps off the soap box and returns to reading her favourite design blog ;)

No comments: